Homeowners are often terrified to find spiders crawling around their properties. Unfortunately, spiders are not rare to spot in Minnesota. More often than not, people try hacks that don’t work and end up using unsafe products that can pose more harm than expected. Companies like Rove Pest Control have been offering spider control services in Minnesota for years now, and your best bet is to contact an exterminator that you can rely on. There are also weird myths about spiders. In this post, we are discussing some of these myths and how you can get rid of spiders at home.
Know the myths
- Firstly, not all spiders are known to have webs. Some just go around and hunt prey.
- Not all spiders are the same or are as dangerous, and it can be hard to classify them right away.
- Also, spiders do not get inside through the drain or plumbing system.
- Unlike bed bugs, ticks and mosquitoes, spiders don’t feed on human blood.
- Most spiders are also not aggressive towards people.
How do you get rid of spiders?
- The best way to get rid of spiders is to call a professional pest control company. The exterminators know their job and are often accompanied by an Associate Certified Entomologist, who helps minimize the impact of pest control activities.
- A common way to prevent spiders from getting side the house is to avoid trees and leaves from contacting the exteriors of your home, as that allows for access points. If you are storing wood, make sure that the stock is away from the house, as spiders often find hiding spots in these places.
- Talk to the pest control company to know whether you can use certain products to keep other pests at bay. If you have termites, ticks, and roaches at home, chances are higher that there are numerous food sources, and therefore, spiders will find more preys to hunt.
- Consider using pest control around the exteriors, which can create a unique barrier and will prevent most pests, including spiders, from entering your home. The idea is to opt for prevention rather than extermination, which is way more complicated and expensive.
Spiders are not necessarily dangerous, but you shouldn’t have to live with these pests either. If you have kids or other animals at home, you should consider using pest control immediately. Get an estimate with all relevant details before you let the exterminators start their job.