Reasons that stop us from getting counselling and why we should get it.
There comes a time in every person’s life when they go through an event that completely changes them. It could be for the better or it could be for the worse, if it is the latter one, then you can be sure of the fact that they are going to go through hard times and some situations where they won’t be themselves at all. This is a time where they are in need of someone that can understand their situation, someone who will listen to every single word they have to say and confine in them without worrying about things getting out of hand, that someone is a counsellor.
Counsellors have been around for centuries, there is no secret in that. Sometimes, we as humans tend to not see the picture from a perspective that it needs to be seen. One bad thing that might happen to us, we tend to get that thing get to us to a point where we become homebound and bedridden. Those thoughts keep circling our mind and the only suitable way to let them out is to talk to someone.
But you also have to be sure that whoever you share it with won’t use it against you later, or whoever you talk to is giving you their 100 percent attention as you speak, because if they are putting in 50 percent effort, then it will just not make you feel good about sharing in the first place, it will only demotivate you to share with someone else as well because now you will have the perspective that you do not have anyone to go to.
And you need someone to go to, and that someone can be a counsellor but the problem is that some people have unconventional views about sharing with a counsellor, and they also do not share with friends and family members because of several reasons.
There are many reasons why people never share with friends and family members, they are the following:
- The first reason is that they want to feel like they are strong or want to appear as a strong person who has it all figured out.
- They also do not share because they feel like people are expecting a strong and stoic behavior from them.
- This has been mentioned before and that is the fear of being judged. This is the reason that is in majority.
- People do not share also because they do not want to get in trouble or they just want to stay clear of any conflict that might happen from sharing.
- People also do not share because they want to keep peace and quite at the place they are in, so they sacrifice their mental well-being for it, which in the end just affects them.
- People also do not share because they feel as if no one will be able to understand their situation.
- People also do not share their feelings that are putting them down because they want to be accepted by their peers.
Therefore, to be on the safe side, one should get in touch with a counsellor and not worry about sharing details of things that have been traumatic to them with friends and family members in fear of being judged. This is why counsellors are important, they give you that mental support that you need to carry on with your life regardless of the events that were traumatic which happened to you. So, if you want a counsellor to listen to your problems and come up with solutions, then click on the following link to get started: https://pneumacounselingcoloradosprings.com/